This Policy describes the information we collect from you and how we use that information. It applies to any of the Services that YWC provide. If you see a capitalized word, it’s defined in our Terms of Service. YWC endeavors to comply with Canadian privacy laws and regulations.
Protecting your information—and being transparent about the ways we use it—is one of the core commitments we make to you. You entrust us with your information, and we take our responsibility to protect that trust to heart.
1. What We Collect
In order for you to create an account on YWC and/or use our Services, we need to collect and process some information. Depending on your use of the Services, that may include, without limitation:
- All information that you provide by completing forms on YWC, for example to submit a project or to be registered as a supporter — your name, email and postal addresses, telephone number, country of residence, login, and password details. We will ask for this information if you register as a user of the Services, upload or submit any material through YWC (projects or information as a supporter), or request any information;
- Details of any requests you make through the Services.
- Information about your activity on and interaction with YWC (such as your IP address, the type of device or browser you use, and your actions on the site);
- Communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, submit material for submitting a project or creating a supporter profile, or report a problem); and
- Information that you submit to YWC in the form of comments, contributions to discussions, or messages to other users.
2. How we Use this Information
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To keep your account secure;
- To enable us to provide you with our Services, and to improve, promote, and protect our Services;
- To set up and administer your account, send you a newsletter, contact you for administrative reasons, and customize your experience on YWC (for example, to show you projects that we think may interest you based on your previous use); and
- To track use of the Services so that we can improve YWC.
3. How this Information is Shared
Information that’s shared publicly
The Site itself presents a summary of the Services the Site provides, statistics about the sight and summary information about projects which have been submitted and approved by YWC. Certain projects are highlighted on certain pages of the Site and are then described in more details (name of project, name of project creator, purpose of project). Basic information (name and organization and type of support provided) about a Supporter will be provided on some pages of the Site. Therefore, any information of that sort will be available to the general public, without limitation.
Information that is shared when logged on
When you create an account, we create a basic profile for you on YWC, containing your account name, the date the account was created, and a description of the projects you have submitted or the support you wish to be able to provide. On the version of the Site that is viewable by everyone, only your account name, project title and a limited number of statistics regarding your project, will be viewable by the public.
On the version of the Site which is viewable by all those who have created a project/supporter account, and whenever your account name appears on YWC (for instance, when you post comments, send messages, or support projects), people can click your account name to see your profile, where the information listed above will be available.
It is only when a Creator and Supporter have both liked each other that contact information (e-mail, telephone ) is shared.
Creators and Supporters are also asked to verify their identities before launching a . Once this has been done, the creator’s Verified Name will be publicly displayed on their account profile and on any projects they launch.
Information that isn’t shared publicly
The following data will not be publicly displayed or revealed to other users:
- Your password details;
- Your IP address; and
- Communications you send to us directly (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem).
- Project Briefs which have not been validated and confirmed according to the Quality Label.
We never post anything to your Facebook, Twitter, or other third-party accounts without your permission. We do not and will not sell your data.
Information that’s shared with trusted third-party services
We may share your information with certain trusted third-party services to help us provide, improve, promote, or protect YWC’s Services (like when we partner with use services that help us manage our Site). When we share data with third-party services that support our delivery of the YWC Services, we require that they use your information only for the purposes we’ve authorized, and that they protect your personal information at least to the same standards we do. We may also share information that’s aggregated and anonymized in a way that it doesn’t directly identify you.
Information that’s shared to protect YWC & comply with the law
We do reserve the right to disclose personal information when we believe that doing so is reasonably necessary to:
– comply with the law or law enforcement such as warrant, subpoena, or court order, and not limited to Canadian authorities;
– to prevent fraud or abuse;
– to protect YWC’s legal rights.
Please note that the above listed disclosures may involve the storage and/or use of personal information outside of Canada, and may be subject to different privacy laws.
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. We try to keep emails to a minimum and give you the ability to opt out of any communications we send.
We will send you emails relating to your transactions on YWC. You will also receive certain information/knowledge sharing email communications, in accordance with your preferences, and from which you may opt out at any time.
We’ll also send you service-related announcements when it’s necessary to do so.
5. Access to Your Information
To modify or delete the personal information you’ve provided to us, please log in and update your profile. We may retain certain information as required by law or for necessary operational purposes.
On request, we will give you a copy of all the personal information about you that we .