How it started
In the lead-up to COP 21, youth from more than 20 countries decided to be part of this crucial global debate. Supported by numerous partners, they issued a White Paper containing more than 50 recommendations based on realities from the field from all continents.
The White Paper focused on four key areas where youth felt they could do something to address climate change: water and agriculture, water and health, water related risks, and sharing water resources. This vision was acknowledged by several Government Officials in several countries, including the President of COP 21.
This then became a commitment made within the “Paris Pact,” and youth from many countries immediately began implementing actions at their level after COP 21. Youth for Water and Climate Platform (#YWC)’s ambition is to augment this youth-originated momentum.
The belief is that once youth are fully equipped to realize their potential, youth can become creators, leaders, and entrepreneurs in addressing the challenges of the sustainable management of water resources in a changing world and global climate, and will contribute to the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Number of signatories for the Declaration
number of members of the Consortium
Total of initiatives started
#YWC is an open partnership initiative, aiming at optimizing existing youth-oriented tools and filling potential gaps. It depends mostly on new and collaborative partnership synergies.
This is a call to all organizations who are willing to support youth in water and climate related challenges to join the #YWC. If you fit the role described in the declaration, then #YWC is for you.
Youth for water and climate platform Governance Structure
The technical pillar takes care of the LEARN section. This means that this pillar works on building solid learning tools (including the project templates), setting up the Quality Assurance system and reviewing the projects. This pillar is also in charge of the technical assistance requests of the help desk.
It is through this pillar that the global communication strategy of YWC is developed. In addition, developing the digital platform and managing the YWC newsletter, social media accounts and general information requests made through the website.
The financial aspects of the YWC Platform are taken care of by this pillar. This means: seeling funding opportunities for both the platform itself and for youth projects, as well as looking for new supporters to join. Overall, this pillar ensures the general cohesion of financial procedures and executes the financial decisions of the Consortium.
The financial aspects of the YWC Platform are taken care of by this pillar. This means: seeling funding opportunities for both the platform itself and for youth projects, as well as looking for new supporters to jpin. Overall, this pillar ensures the general cohesion of financial procedures and executes the financial decisions of the Consortium.
The organizations that take part in the secretariat are also in the consortium.
International Secretariat for Water
We bring together people and organisations committed to supporting the cause of water in the world
Global Water Partnership
Our mission is to advance governance and management of water resources for sustainable and equitable development
- Africans Rising
- AGD (Association des gestionnaires Pour le Développement)
- Alcaldía Metropolitana de Caracas
- ASSOCIATION MONDE MEILLEUR
- AYAM (Association Yali Alumni Mauritanie)
- Balkan Centre for Cooperation and Development
- Bangladesh Water Partnership
- Banka Bioloo (Sanitation and Water for All)
- Biodiversity Conservation Center
- Clima Change
- Climate KIC
- CONAJEC (Coordination Nationale des jeunes pour l’environnement et Climat)
- Corina Piaggio
- Country Water Partnership Benin
- Ecological Restorations
- Enlaces por la sustenibilidad
- European Environment and Health Youth Coalition
- F COMME FEMME
- Fesep Ong
- French Water Partnership
- Fundacion para el Desarollo FUNDE
- GIL Initiative
- GWP CAF
- GWP El Salvador
- GWP Guatemala
- GWP Honduras
- GWP Nicaragua
- GWP Panama
- Jakarta Changemakers
- Jalstrot Vikas Sanstha
- JCI Abomeg Calavi EMERALIDE
- JVE Nigeria
- Kavirondo Youth Movement,Community Action for Heath and Development and Nyarwek Movements
- Kejibaus youth Development Initiative
- Limnos Ltd.
- NEPAD Centre of Excellence/SADC Youth Forum
- Network for Sound Justice, Nairobi
- NEW AFRICAN CHAPTER
- NMA (Nouakchott Music Action)
- Observatory for Children Right
- ONG CARTO BEREKIA
- ONG DROITS POUR TOUS
- ONG EVS (Empreinte Verte & Solidarite)
- ONG MONT CARMEL
- PMJA STP
- PNE RCA
- Practical Action
- Red Agua Ecuador
- Red de Jóvenes por el Agua Centroamérica
- SCOPA /FMSA
- SCOP-APS-MALI IFNSA
- Somos Mas Decididos
- Universitat u Bhiacu Biotecnicki Fakultet
- World Youth Parliament for Water
- Youth for Sustainable Development Madagascar (YA4SD Mada)
- WWC Youth Delegates Progamme
- WYPW ASIA
- Youth Delegates WWC
- Youth Partnership for Peace and Development